ACCIONA Infrastructure Australia is currently looking for a Project Engineer for the Kawana Project, located in the state of Queensland, Australia.
The candidate selected will facilitate the delivery of the project by undertaking design, procurement, project management and administration of the project for the delivery and to interface with key stakeholders to ensure project timelines, milestones and key requirements are met.
- Contribute to the design process of projects by:
- Developing and completing technical calculations, technical documents and schedules
- Coordination with the design team to approve “issue for construction” drawings
- Managing design information relating to drawing registers, transmittals, change request documents etc.
- Undertaking detailed civil, electrical or other design areas.
- Liaise with equipment suppliers to ensure Procurement package documentation, manufacturing schedules, FAT and equipment deliveries are completed
- Review and approve Milestone payments in accordance with the supplier contract
- Equipment delivery and storage coordination with Suppliers and Construction Team
Contribute to the delivery phase activities for projects by:
- Developing and compiling ACCIONA Agua documents, communicating with tenderers on points of clarification, coordinating and inputting to site visits and tender meetings, compiling tender comparison spreadsheets and other documents as directed.
- Manage logistics including storage and transportation of the equipment on site
- Coordinating and filing of general project documentation, including tender documents, contract documents, memos and quality documentation.
- Managing the resolution of non-critical project issues through the collation and analysis of relevant information and making recommendations to the Project Manager and other internal stakeholders.
- Dependent upon core discipline and experience levels, communication with third parties and our Spanish counterparts on specific technical issues in civil, electrical and other areas.
- Ensure appropriate quality management, including review and compilation of quality documentation and assisting with quality audits and inspections (both internal and external)
- Provide a resource for activities requiring more than one staff member (eg for OH&S reasons)
OHS & Environment
- Take reasonable care that his or her acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons or themselves. Ensure that safe work methods are followed at all times and assist others to do so
- Comply with all reasonable instructions given for work health & safety and comply with all statutory requirements, including your ‘duty of care’.
- Comply with the ACCIONA Agua work health & safety, policies, procedures, safe work instructions.
- Participate in consultation and communication of work health & safety matters with their supervisors and other workers.
- Use all safety devices and equipment correctly and not to render them inoperative or willfully damage them.
- Degree qualifications in Civil, Chemical, Mechanical or related Engineering field.
- Experience in Water Treatment highly desirable or basic knowledge of water treatment techniques and instruments
- Substantial years experience working in a comparable technical role
- Knowledge of drawing software and capabilities on supervision of drawings
- Expertise in MS Access, MS Office and standard engineering software
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written (including technical report writing).
- Able to prioritise and work autonomously on tasks
- Ability to work within a team and broader corporate environment, as well as autonomously.
- Drivers licence.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel both interstate and overseas.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.