ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Jr. Civil Engineer for the bid phase of a project located in Toronto, ON.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Civil Engineer EIT to further their career in a major construction company with exciting and noteworthy projects across Canada.
• Working with project engineers and other project team members on drafting and design deliverables.
• Preparation of standard documentation – reports, specs, drawings, spreadsheets, etc.
• Use relevant software (e.g. MicroStation, AutoCAD, Excel, Civil 3D) in course of work.
• Use and become familiar with relevant standards covering civil and infrastructure environment.
• Assist in preparation of tender and construction documents.
• Preparation of quantity take-offs in support of cost estimating purposes.
• Opportunity for field services on construction sites, during varying day and/or night shifts.
• Provide support to Bid Team co-ordinating and managing information distribution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong desire to learn and be involved with large infrastructure projects such as highways, bridges, tunnels, geometric layout, and pavement design.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are essential.
• Basic knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and MicroStation.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Positions hence individuals may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to ACCIONA resource requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
• 2-4 years’ experience in civil construction preferred.
• Basic understanding of civil and infrastructure projects would be an asset.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.