ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada Inc. is looking to hire a Chief Scheduler for a bid process in Toronto, ON.
The Chief Scheduler is responsible for managing activities associated with planning, scheduling, monitoring, forecasting and analysis. The Chief Scheduler will have a thorough understanding of the project commercial relationships, scopes of work, schedules and estimates. He/she will work closely with the construction and procurement teams to ensure that the schedule is communicated effectively and that it accurately reflects the work to be undertaken on the project.
• Develop the work breakdown structure.
• Develop key project milestones and progress tracking baselines.
• Develop network logic to support an integrated schedule.
• Participate in the development of the design, procurement, construction and subcontractor detailed schedules.
• Integrate information from the designers, construction, subcontractors and suppliers to create a program master schedule.
• Undertake schedule risk analysis and schedule contingency determination.
• Undertake regular detailed reviews of the design, procurement, construction and subcontractor detailed schedules.
• Establish baseline, update and maintain the program master schedule.
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting of work progress, earned value and performance.
• Establish and manage a performance management system / progress measurement system.
• Monitor, analyze and forecast on a regular basis and analyze critical path, total float and the work sequence.
• Coordinate scheduling meetings internal and external.
• Provide analysis of the schedule and provide what-if scenarios and recommendations.
• Prepare reports and presentations to communicate project status and findings of analysis.
• Provide analysis support, as required, in support of setting contingencies, progress and trending reporting, project delay and schedule threat remediation.
• Develop weekly and monthly reports and provide recommendations, narratives, updates, forecast, analysis and corrective actions in a timely manner.
• Determine and advise on change management related schedules issues.
• Ensure work is carried out in accordance with company safety policy including OHSA, Provincial and Federal legislation and labour agreements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Advanced computer knowledge of Primavera and MS Project.
• Advanced analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Advance experience supervising personnel.
• Civil construction experience.
• Excellent problem solving and planning skills.
• Demonstrated decision-making, prioritization, planning and analytical skills.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Positions hence individuals may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere according to ACCIONA’s resource requirements.
• An Engineering degree or engineering technology diploma.
• Civil work experience – heavy civil infrastructure.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience planning & scheduling with Primavera.
• Experience maintaining/updating Primavera (P6) schedules.
• Experience developing construction and commissioning schedules; and,
• Detailed knowledge of Primavera, performance measurement systems, MS Office and the use of spreadsheets.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.