ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada Inc. is looking to hire a Chief Estimator for a bid process in Toronto, ON.
Lead the estimating team in bid submissions for infrastructure projects (up to $2B) taking full responsibility for the estimating process delivering a successful bid. Propose estimating strategy and provide hands-on management of technical and tendering personnel during the bid phase of projects. Provide and in-depth analysis and reporting of estimate and allowances.
• Build up of direct and indirect cost estimate for major projects.
• Prepare lump sum tenders, tender summary sheets and cash flows.
• Review and manage design deliverables from consultants.
• Liaise with and manage subcontractors and suppliers.
• Review subcontracts to ensure compliance with ACCIONA operational and technical requirements.
• Conceptual estimating/budgeting.
• Provide assessment of estimating accuracy and prepare relevant analyses.
• Prepare estimates from first principles.
• Competence with estimating software package.
• Provide direction and support to operational/technical staff and subcontract partners.
• Manage the operational and technical functions on projects during the bid phase.
• Devise and implement sound operational and technical controls on project bids.
• Design-build project estimates.
• Construction management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Working knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts. Excellent technical, organizational, managerial and planning skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with well developed communication and negotiation skills
• Total familiarity and understanding of related computer applications including spreadsheet and scheduling software.
• The ability to assist in determining bid strategies.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an International Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada and elsewhere according to ACCIONA resource requirements.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience with major contractor and Estimating Software user
• Post-Secondary diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering or related education.
• Minimum 5 - 7 years estimating and quantity take off experience for commercial construction projects.
• Experience in creating a complete bid price using Estimating software.
• Experience in creating preliminary construction schedules.
• Experience in working in multi joint venture environment.
• Experience in working on bids with values in excess of $300M.
• Experience utilizing computerized estimating systems.
• Comfortable working in a disciplined and pressurised environment.
• Previous PPP project experience preferable.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.