ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada Inc. is looking for a Project Logistics Manager for a project in North Vancouver, BC.
The Project Logistics Manager will contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice logistics vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance. Will plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers.
• Handle technical details relating to international freight and delivery.
• Efficiently evaluate the costs of transportation, services and inventory within any budget or distribution strategy.
• Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organization to improve operational and financial performance.
• Responsible for laydown yard storage strategies, materials management, stock management, oversize transport planning, people logistics and bussing strategies.
• Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements.
• Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs.
• Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers.
• Recommend optimal transport modes, routes or frequency.
• Select carriers/suppliers and monitor service against performance criteria.
• Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
• Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports or customer issues.
• Review impact of logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or carriers and report results to others.
• Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities.
• Identify savings by removing waste or unnecessary steps in the logistics process.
• Interpret trends and analyze and review data. Provide meaningful logistics data to others in the organization to aid customer service and cost improvements.
• Ensure metrics, reports, and process documentation is available.
• Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
• Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
• Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
• Ensure that all functions under supervision operate in accordance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
• Ensure compliance with import/export regulations/customs regulations and legal and health and safety requirements.
• Support new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings and change process. Ensure effective logistics implementation takes place relating to the changes.
• Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities to ensure processes are as environmentally friendly as possible.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with all connected with the logistics process.
• Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
• Identify, assign, and coordinate with corporate resources responsible for executing functional activities in order to ensure projects are completed within budget, on-time and accomplish the project goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff.
• Proficient in standard logistics software.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
• Excellent time-management skills.
• Proven working experience as a logistics manager in major projects.
• Experience in international freight and delivery.
• Record of successful distribution and logistics management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Transportation or Business Administration
• 1-3 years of previous experience in Logistics, Operations, Warehousing, Transportation, or Distribution.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, MS PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Must be self-directed, able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project. AutoCAD is a plus.
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the market.